Sunday 21 October 2012

A typical short trip

I try to take every opportunity to Crossdress although to be honest I don't always fancy the idea. Typically when me and my wife take a short trip I dress up.

I will normally put on a girly top, short skirt, hold-ups and shoes and travel like this. The only make-up I use is lipstick. That's because it's easy to get it off when I arrive. I don't usually wear a wig. I wear a pair of earings that really can't be missed as they are hoops, sometimes a pink pair.

I suppose some of you would say that I wouldn't look that feminine looking like this but for me it isn't always about looking femme and trying to pass as a woman. More for me it's about being a man dressed in feminine clothes. I know I must look odd but it is me and it's who I am.

Sitting in the passenger seat up front I get plenty of looks. Wearing sunglasses helps me look to see who is looking at me without making eye contact.

When I arrive if there aren't too many people about I get brave and stand outside the car for a photo opportunity. My wife is very supportive in this aspect.

I'm still mainly in the closet with only a few people knowing what I am. Yes, like the majority of you I am worried about the consequences of being outed. I know one day it will happen and I will deal with it when it comes.

I have lots of questions, and lots of doubts too, about Transvestism and all its aspects. In future blogs I'll try to explain them. Some questions are obvious to those of us who have been through the dreaded 'purge' is why the hell do we do it? Why is there so much prejudice within the crossdressing community (I include transexuals in this without wishing to offend)? Why are we ridiculed by 'normal people'? Why are most transvestites so scared to come out of the closet? Is guilt a necessary trait for most of us transvestites. Who remembers the TV/TS club in Essex Rd, Shoreditch and then Liverpool Road? Who remembers Yvonne Sinclair?

I'm interested in pursuing some intellectual debate around these questions and more besides.

1 comment: