Wednesday 10 April 2013

Wednesday 10th April

Just another day except I'm trapped at home waiting for the boys from Argos to deliver a new washing machine. Our old one is Kaput. Yes, I did think about dressing up for when they arrived but I'm not sure who would have been more freaked out by it, me or them? Anyway I've decided not to. Not brave enough but wearing a glittering bracelet and pink crystal stud earings and if that isn't a give away I don't know what will be. Answers on a postcard please :¬) They should arrive somewhere between 1 and 6pm. How crazy is that? When my iPhone was delivered I was told within the hour.

I went for my 2 mile walk this morning at the coast. A bit chilly but not too cold. It looked dismal across the estuary though. I wonder if Kent is getting a lashing. This is day three of my diet and I haven't weighed myself yet. My third day without bread. I think I'm feeling better already for it though.  I also read an article about dieting where it said that a calorie just isn't a calorie. Let me explain. Some calories are easier to burn off than others so it's important to eat the right calories. The article went on to say that those who took up just a low calorie diet weren't always guaranteed to lose much whereas those on say the Atkins diet would lose so much more. I don't even know what the Atkins diet is. I think it was a fad a few years back. I'll have to do some more research.

S and I were thinking about going to see the Rocky Horror Show somewhere but not sure how to dress up. Is there anywhere where you can buy costumes? I would like to know. I suppose we could try and knock something up.

I would like to dress up this afternoon. Not good at doing make-up though and S will be missed when I start to do it.

PM

Washing machine arrives at 2.30. I ask them if they are going to connect it. They say no and I argue with them. I said my wife paid for the connection. They apologise but they don't do connections. I get pissed off and let them know. Turns out my wife thought she paid for the connection but didn't. So now I have to connect it. It's not difficult but could do without the hassle.

1 comment: