Saturday 6 April 2013

My New Hobby

I want to make my own clothes. The only trouble is I know nothing about how clothes are made so last night I learned how to sew. I learned the difference between a running stitch and a back stitch. I practiced them both then set about making this.


Not bad is it?
 
I used three differnt kinds of materials, which includes the ribbon. It looks very girly but that's what I also love about it. I've never made anything like this before.
 
To be honest I've been inspired by the BBCs new series called the Great British Sewing Bee. I loved the programme so much I watched it twice. I've always wanted to make my own Sissy Dress so hopefully one day I'll have the skills to do it. I also want to make an Apron.
 
If anyone has any sewing or dressmaking tips I'd be pleased to hear them. I wonder if there are any other transvestites out there who make there own clothes. Currently I only know of one, Nancy Ball, who I've seen on flickr.

No comments:

Post a Comment